POSITION: COMMUNITY LIAISON – COVID-19 RELIEF
HOURS OF WORK: 21 HOURS/WEEK – FLEXIBLE, BASED ON COMMUNITY NEEDS (TERM POSITION, 3 MONTHS, POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
REPORTS TO: BAND MANAGER OR DESIGNATE
Provide support to enhance culturally safe COVID-19 mitigation measures, community preparedness and response capacity. This role will assist leadership and administration, through effective engagement with community members and health partners including the First Nations Health Authority and Regional Health Authority (RHA). In addition, he/she will use their local knowledge and context about the community, family units, structures and processes in the region to ensure that needs arising from the COVID-19 pandemic are being addressed in a manner that is relevant to the community context.
Chief and Council are looking to attract an accomplished Band Manager to ensure the organization continues to grow in a healthy and prosperous manner. Tsawout Government recognizes the importance of strong organizational leadership when it comes to delivering the very best of services to the community. Reporting to Council with a direct reporting relationship to the Chief, the Band Manager will:
- Distribute community relevant COVID-19 education to ensure individuals and families understand COVID-19 precautions.
- Promote basic infection prevention and control practises to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
- Act as a direct resource to community, answer or respond to questions from membership.
- Assist in identifying accommodations in and around community for potential self-isolation, and/or surge capacity.
- Assist in developing and supporting food security supports.
- Facilitate access to community resources and provide information on community services such as harm reduction and mental health and wellness programs.
- Assist in ordering, receiving and distribution of personal protective equipment.
- Develop and maintain strong working partnerships with communities, health care providers, health system partners and relevant organizations to support coordinated care.
- Engage with the off-reserve populations/families.
- Work collaboratively with Tsawout and RHA COVID-19 contact tracers to support culturally safe contact tracing as per the process between the RHA and Tsawout.
- Assist primary health providers to monitor designated community members via phone daily to ensure that holistic needs are being met and isolation plans are being maintained.
- Provide regular reporting on services provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.