LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
POSITION: LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
HOURS OF WORK: 35 HOURS PER WEEK (1.0 FTE)
TERM POSITION: APPROX. 6 MONTHS (BEGINNING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE (RN, FOR CLINICAL SUPERVISION) & HEALTH MANAGER OR DESIGNATE
The LPN practices in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC) as well as within a client (patient, resident) and family centered care model and the vision and values of the organization. Working independently and collaboratively as a member of the Primary Care Team and performs full scope of practical nursing functions as outlined by CLPNBC for clients with predictable outcomes within a designated area of specialty. Under general supervision supports the Registered Nurse in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes or where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurse. Maintains and advances clinical competence pursuant to the standards of practice of CLPNBC.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a recognized Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Current, full licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC).
- Preferred one year experience working in a community setting
- Computer skills
- First Aid Certificate / CPR Level C is required
- BC Drivers’ License and reliable vehicle
- Criminal Record Check
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents, families, co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work and implement a plan of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the CLPNBC, including administering medications.
- Operate related equipment.
- Provide culturally sensitive care and services.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.