Head Start Coordinator
POSITION: HEAD START COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: EDUCATION MANAGER
The Tsawout First Nation located on southern Vancouver Island is pleased to invite qualified applicants to apply to the position of Head Start Coordinator.
Reporting to the Education Manager, the Head Start Coordinator develops, plans, coordinates and implements the required components of the Head Start program. This position plays an important role to promote the early childhood stages of growth and development of the preschool children within the Tsawout First Nation. The Head Start Coordinator also supervises employees within the Head Start program.
The successful applicant will have significant and proven skills and abilities in creating and coordinating the development of program goals, objectives, curriculum, budgets and work plans. Additionally, respect for and working knowledge of the W̱SÁNEĆ culture and SENĆOŦEN language is a requirement for this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or certificate in Early Childhood Education; and
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a daycare or other ECE environment;
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience managing, directing and leading employees, and liaising with various regulatory agencies;
- Experience developing, interpreting and monitoring budgets and statistics;
- Experience planning and implementing programs and achieving outcomes;
- Experience creating and preparing a variety of written reports, proposals, spreadsheets, presentations, replies to inquiries and other documentation in accordance with organization directives and/or regulatory guidelines;
- Experience utilizing Strength-based client centered planning and home visitation theory and skills;
- Clean criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector required;
- Valid standard first aid and CPR certificate;
- Valid Food Safe certificate is required;
- Proof of a positive tuberculosis (TB) test and proof if immunizations are required;
- Class 5 driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and a clean driver’s abstract is required.
ABOUT THE TSAWOUT FIRST NATION
The Tsawout First Nation is one of five bands that constitute the Saanich Nation located on W̱SÁNEĆ territory. We have a population of over 2500 people living in Tsawout with approximately 1/3 of the population being registered band member; and others being resident who are leasing lands from landowners. The Tsawout and Saanich people’s traditional territory is the lands and seas that we traditionally used throughout every season. Our Language, place names, stories, history is what defines our territory and speaks to our long-standing relationship to the land and waters.
The Head Start Coordinator is considered a position of trust; therefore, a Criminal Record check will be conducted on the proposed employee.
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 2, 2020 (4:00 pm)
QUALIFIED APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED TO EMAIL THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER (INCLUDING SALARY EXPECTATIONS) BY ONE OF THE METHODS BELOW:
HOW TO APPLY
Please direct applications to:
Governance/HR Support Manager
Preference will be given to persons of Indigenous ancestry. For further information about the Tsawout First Nation and this position please visit www.tsawout.ca. Thank you for your interest in this position, only those short listed will be contacted.