SUMMER STUDENT JOBS (X10)
Tsawout First Nation has the following positions:
- 1 Summer Camp Supervisor
- 9 Summer Camp Leaders
- ALL positions are for applicants 16 to 30 years old and MUST be in school and MUST be returning in the fall of 2023. (Please verify with a letter from Administration or Counsellor or a report card of current and 2023 intended registration.)
- ALL Positions are 8 weeks (June 26th to August 18th)
- ALL positions are 30 hours a week, except where specified.
- ALL successful applicants must attend a mandatory paid training provided prior to the start of the summer camp: (June 26th – June 30th) Hiring Forms/Orientation, Occupational First Aid Level 1, Food Safe Level 1, and Team Building
- ALL applicants MUST have a social insurance number, status card and submit a Criminal Record Check at time of scheduled interview. * Valid Class 5 driver’s license is an asset.
Program Summary for Summer Camp Supervisor: This position works closely with the Camp Coordinator, Camp Leaders, Educational Assistants and all other camp staff. The Camp Supervisor assists with sign-in/sign-out, helps to implement daily D.E.A.R. time, engage with campers daily, organize and plan daily activities, and perform any other duties as directed by the Learning House Coordinator.
Program Summary for Summer Camp Leaders: This position works closely with and takes direction from the Learning House Coordinator and the Camp Supervisor. The Camp Leader engages with the campers and supports the program and activities each day. The Camp Leader performs any other duties as directed.
DEADLINE: Friday June 2, 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
** Applications MUST include a cover letter, resume, copy of valid certifications and 2 references.
Tsawout First Nation
7728 Tetayut Rd. Saanichton, BC
Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.