Step 1 of 9
By completing and signing this Application for Social Housing, you are providing Tsawout permission to gather information on you, including your income and assets, and to complete additional checks to assess your capacity to fulfill the Tenant’s obligations under the terms of a Tenancy Agreement. This may include: reference checks, personal interviews or a review of information available from public sources. Applicants who are offered and accept a Rental Unit will be required to sign a Tenancy Agreement with Tsawout.
Maximum number of references reached.
Maximum number of occupants reached.
• Tsawout to make any inquiries that are necessary to verify the information given in this application;
• Any person, corporation or social agency to release to Tsawout any information pertinent to the assessment of my/our application;
• Tsawout to receive and exchange with credit bureaus and my/our previous landlords credit and other tenancy information about me/us, to be used in the decision-making process to provide me/us with housing;
• Tsawout to collect personal banking information for the purposes of collecting rent by direct withdrawal
• The Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation, and the Tsawout Social Development Program, to release information to the Tsawout Housing Manager regarding my/our income.
I/We understand that:
• This application is not an agreement on the part of Tsawout to provide me/us with housing;
• If I/we refuse an offer of housing, Tsawout may cancel my/our application;
• It is my/our responsibility to tell the Tsawout Housing Manager of any changes to the information given in this application and to provide any supporting materials required;
• False information given by me/us may result in my/our application being cancelled from consideration;
• If I/we have deliberately worsened my/our current housing situation (e.g., terminated a tenancy for no reason) that my/our application may not be accepted or my/our current living situation may not be taken into consideration.