*Please note: The meeting schedule is being revised, and will posted here once updated.
Important Dates & Community Engagement Sessions
Tsawout First Nation is committed to keeping its members well-informed of the Custom Election Code process. In keeping with this goal, we have scheduled several community engagement sessions where membership can learn more about this proposal, and provide feedback in order to help guide the process.
The list below shows a number of community information sessions. There will be a total of 4 sessions, which will offered at different times so that members can find a time that works best for them. In addition to these community sessions, all materials will be made available online here, so that community can view materials and feedback if they are unable to attend the community meetings.
We want to hear your voice. We are excited about learning more about this opportunity to develop our own process when it comes to the future of leadership at Tsawout.
Community Session 1 – 2.5 hrs
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to the Custom Election Law Project
- Overview of the Project Plan
- Indigenous Services Canada Policy Re. Moving away from Indian Act to a Custom Election Law
- SȾÁUTW̱ Path to a Custom Election Law
- 2006 – 2015: Woodward & Co. File Review
- 2016 – Today
- Next Steps in SȾÁUTW̱ Path to a Custom Election Law
- Opportunities to ask questions and provide feedback
*Please note that the same information will be shared at each of these sessions.
|Option A||Tuesday, May 10, 2022||In-Person||6:00pm - 8:30pm|
|Option B||Thursday, May 12, 2022||Virtual - Register Now||6:00pm - 8:30pm|
|Option C||Saturday May 14, 2022||Virtual - Register Now||9:00am - 11:30am|
|Option D||Saturday May 14, 2022||In Person||12pm - 2:30pm|
Choose an option that works best for you.
Community Session 2 – 4 hrs
- 4 Open Space Sessions
- Members Decide the Topics that need to be discussed in finalizing a Custom Election Law
- Legal Counsel available to answer legal questions
- Advisory Committee / LegalCounsel observe and learn about what is important toMembers